The nursing school of Ndanda has been operating since 1965 and was founded by Tutzing sisters, who by that time played a major role in running the hospital.
Currently, we are offering the following programs:
a) Diploma in Nursing for three years
b) Upgrading Diploma in Nursing through e-Learning for two years
c) Upgrading Diploma in nursing one year full time (In-service)
The school capacity is 60 students per annum (each course). Currently the total number of students is 179 (53% female and 47% male).
Currently the school has 11 full time tutors, 6 of them are Bachelor degree
holders, one with advanced diploma and 4 with diplomas with one year teaching methodology. Also there are 3 part time tutors and one clinical instructor. In addition, the school has 10 mentors, who are supervising e-Learning students at their working hospitals.
The nursing school offers dormitories for pre-service and in-service students, but the students are given the option to live at the on-site campus or at their own home.
Our strengthes include
- Sufficient buildings for classes, offices, dining, which are in good condition
- Conducive environment for learning
- Availability of food, water and electricity
- Good cooperation between staff and students
- Good academic performance of our graduates.
- Shortage of computers (currently only 10)
- Limited number of positions for sponsorship through self-revolving fund.